St Mary’s is a medieval church at the heart of Princes Risborough. There has probably been a church on the site for over 1000 years. The town, a royal manor, was renamed Princes Risborough after the death of the Black Prince.
The church’s latest works included a new Chapter house and subsequent restoration of the church to mee the needs of the 21st century. Treske designed and made the new choir furniture with the emphasis on manoeuvrability. The Choir furniture consisted of rush seated benches with a front row reader, the backrow reader is removeable and is attached to first row bench. The front reader takes design form from the church architecture and incorporates a wood carved gold star cross within the apex of the central arch.
The priests chairs and readers follow the same design format, the chairs with open arched backs incorporating the star cross in cast bronze, while the readers star cross is set against the oak panel in the arch. The adjustable height organists bench also has the cross carved into the rail under the seat.
A full set of Sanctuary furniture including an altar, credence table, lecterns, choir stalls and clergy desks and other dignitary seating were designed and made by Treske for Manchester Cathedral.
Major good fortune enables Holy Trinity to undertake a complete reorder, including sanctuary, choir and nave furniture from Treske.
Treske designed and made 163 St Wilfrid chairs and armchairs, two Deacons’ chairs, one president’s chair, together with a lectern, six servers’ stools, six benches for the choir, four choir frontals and four choir readers.