Designs for a moveable altar table, ambo, credence table, chair and stool were inspired by the Victorian transept arches of St Chad's. Made in fumed oak which will darken with time, the furniture is clearly contemporary yet sympathetic to its setting. Two hundred and fifty oak chairs with book troughs were also commissioned, forty with arms.
The re-ordering of St Chad's involved Treske's craftsmen re-using elements of the 1917 pulpit to create a sound desk, remounting a figure of St Chad from the pulpit onto a nave column and reinstating old carved panels onto new choir frontals made by Treske and stained to match existing stalls.
During the preparatory work the pulpit and old pews were removed, revealing beautiful scagliola columns which, with the rounded Byzantine arches in the chancel and between the columns are the defining feature of the space, and becoming the architectural elements that found their way into the new sanctuary furniture.
Treske made and installed a co-ordinated set of furniture, including the tower screen, vestry table and vestment wardrobe, seating, porch notice boards, bookcases, library table, serving table, pulpit and Southwell chairs, as well as supplying 40 Howe 40/4 chairs.
After some years of consultation between the church, congregation and Treske designers, Treske made over 600 chairs for St Magnus Cathedral, Kirkwall on the main island of Orkney.